Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Have a Great Summer! Good luck in 2nd Grade...


This is probably my last blog entry. I won't take it off, so if you want to revisit it or show grandparents, you can. We had a great last week filled with math and more math. Tuesday was Newspaper Day all morning. We sang favorite songs on the last day as well as a time to meet your new teacher. We also collected autographs in our "year book". On Wednesday, many kids showed off their talents. At the end of the talent show, some of my moms wheeled out a wagon with a 6' Apple Tree for me to plant in my yard with red paper apples with all my students' names on them. Mrs. Rebecca Martin wrote a beautiful poem for me:
The Fruits of Your Love

A teacher
plants a seed
in the soil of knowledge,
showers it with creativity,
shines on it with a smile,

until the seed grows roots.

A teacher
nurtures the seedling,
provides support,
gently prunes,
guiding its upward growth,

until the seedling becomes a tree.

A teacher
may not see the tree bear fruit,
but she continues toiling
with the hope that someday,
because of her efforts,

it will flourish.

Dear teacher,
as you care for this tree,
remember the many students
you have nurtured these thirty years.
You have not just planted a seed,

but an orchard.

I want to thank everyone for the many kindnesses, cards, presents, and hugs that I got from my last class of my career. Mrs. Elbel was especially sneaky with her kind idea and hard work.
I will never forget you. I love you, Jacque Garber




1 comment:

Lorraine Steckler said...

I hope that you happen to read this blog. Several years ago I attended a class where you presented your math boxes. I purchased the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade packages. I was still in school and didn't have a class. I now teach first grade and have moved schools. Somehow I have lost my First grade package. By chance do you still have a copy of one that I could buy? If so I would love to buy one from you. My email is lorraine.steckler@uintah.net. Thank you in advance for any help.